A Review of the Nigerian Energy Industry

PetroChina secures Indonesian rig

01 July 2013, News Wires – PetroChina subsidiary Singapore Petroleum Company, SPC, has secured a rig for its upcoming drilling campaign on the Naga Utara gas discovery on the Mahakam Hilir production sharing contract in Indonesia.

PSC partner Cue Energy Resources said the rig would be mobilised from South Sumatra in mid-July to the well site in Samarinda, East Kalimantan, with the well expected to spud by the end of September.

The Naga Utara -1 well was drilled last year and hit gas in two reservoirs sands and flowed gas to surface continuously for seven days.

SPC holds a 60% operated interest in the Mahakam Hilir PSC, which lies in the onshore Kutei basin, with Cue holding the remaining 40% interest.

– Upstream

In this article

Join the Conversation