17 September 2013, News Wires – Indonesia’s Ministry of Energy and Resources extended an invitation for companies to bid for 18 onshore and offshore oil and gas blocks, located mostly in the eastern part of the country, local news agency Antara reported Monday.
Sixteen of these blocks are being offered through direct bids, while two will be through a regular tender.
Blocks offered through direct bids include:
• Palmerah Baru onshore block in South Sumatra and Jambi
• Sakti offshore block in Central Java and East Java
• North Madura II offshore block
• North East Madura VI offshore block
• Anugerah offshore block in East Java
• East Bontang onshore and offshore blocks in East Kalimantan
• North Adang offshore block in Makassar Strait
• South Sulawesi I offshore block in West Sulawesi and South Sulawesi
• South Sulawesi II offshore block in South Sulawesi
• Southeast Sulawesi I offshore block in Southeast Sulawesi and Central Sulawesi
• Southeast Sulawesi II offshore block in Southeast Sulawesi
• West Abadi offshore block in Maluku
• Yamdena offshore block in Maluku
• South Aru offshore block in Maluku
• Bird’s Head offshore block in West Papua
• Merauke onshore block in Papua
The two blocks offered via regular tender are the East Seringapatam offshore block in East Nusa Tenggaran (NTT) and the East Abadi offshore block in Maluku.
The Ministry has indicated that bid documents for the regular tenders are available from Sept. 16 to Jan. 27, 2014 and the documents have to be submitted by Jan. 27, 2014. Meanwhile, documents for the direct bids are available from Sept. 16 to Oct. 30, with closing date set for Oct. 31.