The company revealed on Thursday that its bids for blocks 25, 28 and 29 had been successful.
It added that it had also now applied for petroleum exploration licenses over the blocks as a formality, and expects confirmation from the government “in due course”.
The initial exploration programme included a minimum work program of about $500,000.
The blocks lie in the under-explored Luangwa Rift Valley, where exploration activity has been shelved since the 1980s, according to Bowleven
Chief executive Kevin Hart said the company was pleased to have won the blocks.
“We are also pleased that Block 11B continues to provide very encouraging results and we look forward to the commencement of the seismic programme,” he said.
The company also revealed on Wednesday that it had largely finished the airborne geophysical survey over Block 11B, in Kenya, and said initial results were encouraging, with the data showing the presence of a number of geological basins.
Bowleven is currently planning a 2D seismic survey over the block which is expected to take place in the first half of next year, with the tendering process for the shoot already under way.