16 December 2013, London – Galp Energia will co-host and present papers at EPC’s upcoming well-established annual events – International Downstream Technology Conference (IDTC) and Bottom of the Barrel Technology Conference (BBTC) between 6-9 May in Lisbon.
Mr Ferreria de Oliveira, Galp’s Group Chief Executive is aware that these are testing times for the refining industry: “We know that the challenges we face call for innovative solutions and force us to think outside the box. We also know that the roughest times sometimes pave the way for the greatest decisions”
Galp Energia will be giving an exclusive presentation on the reconfiguration of its Sines & Matosinhos refineries, including the new hydrocracking unit at Sines.
Other key highlights of the events are presentations from leading experts from MOL, Sarlux, OMV and Kuwait Petroleum as well as technology updates from UOP, Axens, Foster Wheeler, ExxonMobil, Shell Global Solutions, KBR and many more.
Key topics of discussion will include:
• European Refinery Competitiveness & Challenges Ahead
• Impact of Legislative & Demand-Related Changes on EU Refining Industry
• Focus on Refinery-Petrochemical Integration
• Energy Efficiency, Sulphur Management & Emissions Reduction
• Profitability Strategies & Optimisation Tools
• Bottom of the Barrel Approaches & Solutions in Central European Refineries
• Thermal & Gasification Processes
• Advances in Catalysts & Technologies
• New Developments in Hydroprocessing
The setting for the events is the iconic Tivoli Lisboa Hotel in the heart of downtown Lisbon, and several exciting events are planned around the conferences to allow delegates to maximise their attendance.