05 August 2014, Sweetcrude, Lagos – The Energy Institute (EI)’s latest issue of the IP Standard test methods for analysis and testing of petroleum and related products and British Standard 2000 Parts, 2014 is now available.
This 2014 publication is the 72nd edition and details 322 full test methods, including seven brand new methods, and is an essential part of any quality control regime for petroleum testing laboratories.
Accurate testing of petroleum and petroleum products is vital to ensuring quality and compliance with British Standards and European Norms.
The EI is a world-class leader in test method development, with the EI Test Method Standardisation Committee working closely with international standards agencies, including CEN, ISO and ASTM, as well as publishing jointed methods to produce British, European and international standards.
Many of these test methods underpin product quality requirements which have an impact on safety and the environment, in both shipment and use. They are also used to support government regulations, custody transfer, quality control and international petroleum product specifications globally.
The test methods included in this year’s publication apply to a variety of products including aviation and automotive fuels, bitumen and lubricants, and cover fatty acid methyl esters (FAME), the freezing and smoke point of fuels, water content, temperature conversions, storage stability and much more.
The newest test methods to be included within this edition are:
· 604/13 Lubricants, industrial oils and related products – determination of the foaming and air release properties of industrial gear oils using a spur gear test rig
· 605/13 Petroleum products – determination of content of Benzo(a)pyrene (BaP0) and selected polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in extender oils
· 606/13 Automotive fuels – determination of high-boiling components including FAME in petrol
· 607/13 Automotive fuels – determination of iodine value in FAME
· 612/14 Diesel and domestic heating fuels – determination of cold filter plugging point
· 613/14 Determination of the viable aerobic microbial content of fuels and associated water
· 614/14 Liquefied petroleum gases – determination of dissolved residue
The publication is sold as a three-volume set and includes a searchable USB stick.