Generator fumes kill two brothers in Bauchi

03 November 2014, Bauchi – Bauchi—Generator fumes have reportedly killed two brothers in Tafawa Balewa local government area of Bauchi State.

The victims, Salmanu Adamu, 27 and Suleimanu Adamu, 29, who are sons of a traditional ruler known as Adamu Sarkin Dimsini, died inside the well in the family compound.

generator fumesThe brothers were instructed by their father to clean the well with the aid of a generator pumping machine.

The deceased brothers took the generator inside the well to pump out the dirty water when tragedy struck.

Their father, Adamu, it was learned, became suspicious when his sons did not come out of the well after some hours.

It was later discovered that the brothers suffocated to death due to emission of carbon monoxide from the generator, which filled the well.

Confirming the incident, the State Police Public Relation Officer, DSP Haruna Mohammed, said Police detectives attached to Bununu Division visited the scene of the incident and evacuated the victims to the hospital for autopsy.

They were released to relatives for burial according to Islamic rites.


– Vanguard

About the Author