28 November 2014, Benin – A 15-year- old boy identified as Alfred Omonife was on Thursday confirmed dead after he suffered severe burnt in a kerosene explosion.
The explosion occurred at No 23 Okpebho lane off Aghedo Street, Textile Mill road in Egor local government area of Edo State.
Other victims are 31- year- old Loveth Odeh and her five years old son, Wisdom.
Wisdom was burnt from his waist down while his mother had burns all over her body.
Loveth who managed to speak to journalists said she was pouring kerosene into a lantern at about 2am when it exploded and fire gutted the entire room.
She said the kerosene was bought from a neighbouring house and urged state government to investigate as well as arrest anybody found selling adulterated kerosene.
Her husband, Sunday, said the fire burnt the property he had in their one room apartment.
He said he was at work when the incident occurred and begged public spirited individuals to assist him financially.
Sunday said the late Alfred was his nephew.
– The Nation