12 October 2015, Sweetcrude, Oslo – For the fifth consecutive year, The Norwegian-African Business Association, NABA, will host the largest Nordic-African business summit. 500 Scandinavian and African experis from finance, renewable energy, agriculture, ITC, fisheries, oil and gas sectors will gather at RaddisonBLU Scandinavian Hotel in Oslo on Thursday, 29 October 2015 to discuss how Nordic capabilities can be linked with African opportunities.
Africa’s future economy hosts the world’s youngest and fastest growing urban population. Africa’s economy must facilitate rapid growth and change in the coming years. This is why “Nordic competence linked to African opportunities” is the main theme at this year’s Nordic-Africa Business Summit.The summit is being held for the fifth consecutive year. Due to its great success, the Norwegian-African Business Summit has now become the Nordic-African Business Summit.
“Norway has a responsibility to further develop trade relations with the African continent, and this event is one of the initiatives we have to assist Scandinavian industries in navigating the new investment landscape in African countries. This year we are incredibly proud to welcome Ashish J. Takkar, Bob Diamond og Mohammed Dewji”. Eivind Fjeldstad, CEO of NABA.
More than 20 African ambassadors from Europe will attend the conference. The conference will have parallel sessions on finance, ICT, renewable energy, agriculture and aquaculture, and oil and gas. Overall, 35 speakers and 500 participants will attend the NABA summit, including the following key speakers:
– Ms. Monica Mæland, Norwegian Minister of Trade and Industry
– Mr. Ashish Thakkar, CEO, Mara Group
– Mr. Bob Diamond, CEO, Atlas Merchant Capital
– Mr. Jaakko Kangasniem, Managing Director, Finnfund
– Ms. Koosum Kalyan, Director, MTN Group
– Mr. Mohammed Dewji, Group Chief Executive Officer, Mohammed Enterprises Tanzania (Metla Group)
– Mr. Adam Ikdal, Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
– Mr. Rob Hersov, Founder, Invest Africa
– Mr. Ladi Delano, CEO, Bakrie Delano Africa (BDA)
The Norwegian-African Business Association (NABA) seeks to promote business opportunities in the African continent and serve as a bridge between Norwegian and African business communities. NABA works to increase more efficient and less risky trade between Norway and Africa.