02 November 2015, Sweetcrude, Pretoria – The Department of Energy herewith informs the public about the fuel prices for November 2015. South Africa’s fuel prices are adjusted on a monthly basis, informed by international and local factors.
The pump price of all grades of petrol, the whole sale price of both grades of diesel, the Maximum Retail Price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and the prices of Illuminating Paraffin will decrease with effect from 4 November 2015.
The main reasons for the fuel price decreases are (a) the strengthening of the Rand against the US Dollar and (b) the drop in the prices of all petroleum products during the period under review.
Based on current local and international factors, the fuel prices November 2015 in the South African market will be adjusted as follows:
1. Petrol (93 Octane) will decrease by 22.00 cents/litre
2. Petrol (95 Octane) will decrease by 22.00 cents/litre
3. Diesel (0.05% Sulphur) will decrease by 9.00 cents/ litre.
4. Diesel (0.005% Sulphur) will decrease by 10.00 cents/ litre
5. Illuminating paraffin (SMNRP) will decrease by 3.00 cents/litre.
6. Illuminating paraffin (wholesale) will decrease by 2.00 cents/litre.
7. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) will decrease by 47.00 cents/kilogram.
The pricing schedule for all the pricing zones will be published on Tuesday,03 November 2015.
The Department of Energy urge motorists and all the households that use paraffin and LPGas to continue to use energy sparingly during these difficult economic conditions.
*SA Department of Energy