15 February 2016, Sweetcrude, Lagos — The Nigerian government has announced the sack of the Executive Secretaries of Petroleum Technology Development Fund, PTDF, the Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board, NCDMB, Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Commission, PPPRA as well as the heads of 21 other agencies and parastatals.
Secretary to Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir Lawal, made this disclosure in a statement. According to Lawal, the list includes:
– Nigerian Television Authority, NTA;
– Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN;
– Voice of Nigeria, VON;
– News Agency of Nigeria, NAN;
– National Broadcasting Commission, NBC;
– Petroleum Technology Development Fund, PTDF;
– New Partnership for Africa’s Development, NEPAD;
– Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund, NSITF;
– Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, NCDMB;
– Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria; FMBN;
– Tertiary Education Trust Fund, TETFund;
– National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA;
– Petroleum Equalization Fund 14. Nigeria Railways Corporation, NRC;
– Bureau of Public Procurements, BPP;
– Bureau of Public Enterprises, BPE;
– Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA;
– Standard Organization of Nigeria, SON;
– National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control, NAFDAC;
– Nigeria Investment Promotion Council, NIPC;
– Bank of Industry, BoI;
– National Centre for Women Development, NCWD;
– National Orientation Agency, NOA;
– Industrial Training Fund; ITF;
– Nigerian Export-Import Bank
– National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic In Persons and Other Related Matters, NAPTIP.
Most of those affected were appointed by ex-President Goodluck Jonathan administration shortly before hand-over to the new administration.
Mr. President, however, thanked them for their invaluable services to the nation and wished them well in their future endeavours.