…Names 4 new GEDs, new MDs for subsidiaries
11 August 2015, Abuja – A massive shakeup has occurred at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation as President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday evening fired the managing directors of all subsidiaries of the national oil firm.
The President also retired 38 top management staff of the corporation, trimming down the number from 122 to 83.
This was confirmed by the corporation’s spokesperson, Mr. Ohi Alegbe, in a statement.
Prominent among those sacked are Prince Haruna Momoh, who manages the Pipeline and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), a subsidiary of the NNPC, as well as the Tony Muoneke who was recently appointed managing director of the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC).
Four new Group Executive Directors and Managing Directors of the NNPC subsidiaries were also appointed.
NNPC’s Group Managing Director, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, disclosed that the new appointments are in line with the Federal Government’s aspiration to transform the Corporation into a lean, efficient, business-focused, transparent and accountable national oil company in keeping with international best practices.
The appointments, which were approved by President Buhari, include:
1. Dr. Maikanti Baru – Group Executive Director, Exploration & Production
2. Mr. Isiaka Abdulrazaq – Group Executive Director, Finance & Services
3. Engr. Dennis Nnamdi Ajulu – Group Executive Director, Refining & Technology
4. Dr. Babatunde Victor Adeniran – Group Executive Director, Commercial & Investment
Other appoints are:
1. Chidi Momah – Group General Manager, Company Secretary & Legal Adviser
2. Mrs. Esther Nnamdi Ogbue – Managing Director, Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC)
3. Engr. Chinedu Ezeribe – Managing Director, Warri Refinning & Petrochemicals Company (WRPC)
4. Mr. Babatunde Bakare – Managing Director, Nigerian Gas Company (NGC)
5. Mr. Inuwa Ibrahim Waya – Managing Director, Hyson
6. Mr. Abubakar Mai-Bornu – Managing Director, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC)
7. Mr. Ladipo Fagbola – Managing Director, NNPC Retail.
1. Mr. Rowland Ewubare – Managing Director, Integrated Data Services Ltd (IDSL)
2. Mr. Modupe Bammeke – Managing Director, NNPC Prpoerties
3. Mr. Abdulkadir Saidu – Managing Director, Duke Oil
4. Mr. Dafe Sejebor – Group General Manager, Nigerian Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS)