12 Lagos — Biopower technology contracts activity in Q4 2020 saw 25 contracts announced, marking a drop of 4% over the last four-quarter average of 26, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, biopower held the sixth position in terms of number of contracts during Q4 2020 with a 3.1% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Biopower technology tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
– Project Implementation: 11 contracts and a 44% share
– Supply & Erection: ten contracts and a 40% share
– Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: three contracts and a 12% share
– Power Purchase Agreement: one contract and a 4% share.
Asia-Pacific leads biopower contracts activity in Q4 2020
Comparing contracts activity in biopower technology in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 12 contracts and a share of 48% during Q4 2020, followed by Europe with 12 contracts and a 48% share and North America with one contract and a 4% share.
Biopower technology contracts in Q4 2020: Top issuers by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Biopower technology for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
– PT Freeport Indonesia (Indonesia): 128MW from one contract
– SSE (United Kingdom) and Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners KS (Denmark): 49.9MW from one contract
– Ukraine Ladyzhyn Eco Generation, L: 12MW capacity from one contract.
Biopower technology contracts in Q4 2020: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
– Wartsila (Finland): 128MW from one contract
– Hitachi Zosen Inova (Switzerland): 49.9MW from one contract
– China Everbright International (Hong Kong): 43MW capacity from two contracts.