Lagos — Total power industry deals for January 2020 worth $2.62bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 85.7% over the previous month and a drop of 75.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.6bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 23% over the last 12-month average with 124 deals against the average of 161 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $1.15bn.
Power industry deals in January 2020: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 77.4% of the overall value during January 2020.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $2.03bn, against the overall value of $2.62bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of January 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
– Galp Energia SGPS’s $976.35m asset transaction with Actividades de Construccion y Servicios
– The $345m asset transaction with Invenergy by WEC Energy Group
– Warburg Pincus’ $300m private equity deal with Scale Microgrid Solutions
– The $250m private equity deal with Ceiba Energy by Denham Capital Management
– Huaneng Gongrong No.1 (Tianjin) Equity Investment Fund Partnership (Limited Partnership) and Huaneng Gongrong No.2 (Tianjin) Equity – Investment Fund Partnership (Limited Partnership)’s asset transaction with Ningxia GCL New Energy Investment and Suzhou GCL New Energy Investment for $157.48m.