*Owned by Kolawole Aluko, Olajide Omokore & Atlantic Energy
26 May 2016, Lagos — A federal high court in Lagos has granted a Mareva injunction permitting the Nigerian government to freeze assets owned by two Nigerian businessmen Kolawole Aluko and Olajide Omokore, and their company Atlantic Energy. The individuals are linked to former Nigerian oil minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke in alleged wide-ranging shady business dealings that illegally transferred Nigerian oil assets to them and their companies.
The legal documents, exclusively obtained by SaharaReporters, demanded a global freeze of $1.8 billion in assets allegedly stolen by Atlantic Energy executives Kolawole Aluko and Olajide Omokore. This development follows reports that Mr. Aluko sold his lavish Bel-Air mansion in Los Angeles, USA at a $2 million loss. Mr. Omokore has also been under intense scrutiny by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, which seized a 2 million pound wristwatch from him on April 27th, 2016 and raided his Nigerian homes on October 2nd, 2015.
Atlantic Energy was granted enormous contracts from the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC, under the direction of the embattled former Minister for Petroleum Resources Madueke. According to reports, when Mrs. Madueke granted Atlantic Energy contracts through the Strategic Alliance Agreements (SAA) the company did not even legally exist.
According to legal documents, available below, Mr. Aluko and Mr. Omokore allegedly stole more than $1.7 billion from the Nigerian government.
Assets specifically mentioned include three mansions in Los Angeles, two high-end apartments in New York City, properties in Santa Barbara, California; numerous properties in Lagos including 43 apartments in Banana Island, 58 vehicles, the Galactica Star yacht, and three airplanes.
– 755 Sarbonne Road, Los Angeles
– 952 North Alphine Drive, Los Angeles
– 815 Cima Del Mundo, Los Angeles
– 1049 Fifth Avenue, New York
– 1948 & 1952 Tollis Avenue, Santa Barbara
– 157 West 57th St., New York
– 4100 Le Reve, Dubai
– Avenue Towers, Lagos Nigeria
– Colina D’oro, Montagnola, Switzerland
– Block A consisting of 26 Flats at No. 46 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
– Mason apartments situated at No. 6 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos comprising sixty (60) units of three bedrooms apartments
– Marion apartments Block 8 located at 4 & 5, Onikoyi Estate, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos consisting of 43 units of apartments
– 33A Cooper Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
– 8 Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos.
– Grove End Road, London
– 807 Cima Del Mundo Mont Tremblant, Canada.
– Galactica star (Yacht)
– 20 Year Berth Lease-Barcelona
– Watch Collection
– Car Collections (58 Vehicles)
– Aeroplane-Global Express S5-GMG
– Aeroplane-Bombardier Global 6000 9H-OPE
– Aeroplane Bombardier