Lagos — Power plant tenders in Q3 2019 saw 314 tenders announced, marking a drop of 30% over the last four-quarter average of 446, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
The proportion of tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
– Project Implementation: 277 tenders and an 88.2% share
– Consulting & Similar Services: 23 tenders and a 7.3% share
– Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 14 tenders and a 4.5% share.
Asia-Pacific leads power plant activity in Q3 2019
Comparing tenders activity in power plant segment in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 245 tenders and a share of 78% during Q3 2019, followed by Middle East and Africa with 29 tenders and a 9.2% share and Europe with 23 tenders and a 7.3% share.
Solar is leading technology for power plant tenders in Q3 2019
Among the technologies, solar accounted for 268 tenders with an 83.2% share, followed by wind with 22 tenders and a 6.8% share and thermal with 15 tenders and a 4.7% share.
Power plant tenders in Q3 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of power plant tenders for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
– Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 4,272.52MW from six tenders
– Urzad Regulacji Energetyki (Poland): 2,500MW from one tender
– NTPC (India): 2,490.26MW capacity from seven tenders.