Lagos — Asia-Pacific power industry tenders activity in Q4 2020 saw 974 tenders announced, marking a drop of 35% over the last four-quarter average of 1,491, according to GlobalData’s power database.
Asia-Pacific power industry tenders in Q4 2020: India leads activity
Looking at tenders by country, India led the activity in Q4 2020 with 603 tenders and a share of 61.9%, up 1.9% over the previous quarter and down 32% when compared with the last four-quarter average, followed by the Philippines with 85 tenders and a share of 8.7% and Pakistan with 62 tenders and a share of 6.4% during the quarter.
Looking at the last four-quarter average, India held the top spot with 887 tenders, followed by the Philippines with 184 and Bangladesh with 168 tenders.
Solar is top technology area for tenders in Q4 2020
Looking at tenders divided by the type of technology, solar accounted for the largest proportion with 205 tenders and a 56% share, followed by thermal with 117 tenders and a 32% share and hydro with 30 tenders and an 8.2% share.
Looking at power industry tenders divided by segment as tracked by GlobalData, T&D Equipment was the most popular segment in Asia-Pacific power tenders activity during Q4 2020, with 371 tenders, followed by T&D Project (278) and Power Plant (208).
The proportion of tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
– Supply & Erection: 397 tenders and a 40.8% share
– Project Implementation: 345 tenders and a 35.4% share
– Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 196 tenders and a 20.1% share
– Consulting & Similar Services: 33 tenders and a 3.4% share
– Electricity Supply: one tender and a 0.1% share
– Others: one tender and a 0.1% share
– Power Purchase Agreement: one tender and a 0.1% share.
Power tenders in Q4 2020: Top issuers by capacity
The top issuers of tenders for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
– Andhra Pradesh Green Energy: 8,500MW from one tender
– Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 1,220MW from two tenders
– Bangalore Electricity Supply (India): 1,060MW capacity from one tender.