London — Britain’s energy regulator said it expects to publish on Tuesday the final report by grid operator National Grid on the cause of disruptive power cuts last month.
An hour-long outage on Aug. 9 left almost 1 million homes without power while two of London’s busiest train stations closed at rush-hour because of overcrowding as services were cancelled or delayed.
In its preliminary report into the power cuts last month, National Grid said the blackout was the result of a lightning strike in a rare and unusual occurrence that led to the almost simultaneous loss of output from two generators.
This will be published on Sept. 10, an Ofgem spokeswoman told Reuters.
After the initial report, Ofgem said it would open its own investigation to establish whether any of the grid and network operators or generators breached their licence conditions.
Kindly like us on facebook