Singapore — PetroChina’s subsidiary oil and gas field Tarim, in China’s northwestern region of Xinjiang and the country’s third-largest onshore producer, is expected to pump a record 28.51 million tonnes of oil equivalent this year, state news agency Xinhua reported on Thursday
* This will be 1.76 million tonnes, or 6.6% higher than a year earlier, Xinhua said.
* Of total output, crude oil will top 28 million tonnes
* PetroChina made nine new discoveries this year at Tarim , such as in blocks Bozi-9 and Dabei-9, and the firm has built more than one million tonnes/year new crude oil production capacity and nearly 4.95 billion cubic metre/year natural gas capacity
* In addition, PetroChina also enhanced output at existing blocks by adding 342,000 annual crude production capacity and 1 bcm gas capacity
* Total oil and gas output at Tarim is forecast to reach 30 million tonnes in 2020 and 36 million tonnes of oil equivalent in 2025, Xinhua said.
Follow us on twitter