Lagos — Power plant tenders in Q2 2019 saw 363 tenders announced, marking a drop of 25% over the last four-quarter average of 484, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
The proportion of tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
– Project Implementation: 263 tenders and a 72.5% share
– Consulting & Similar Services: 55 tenders and a 15.2% share
– Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 42 tenders and an 11.6% share
– Power Purchase Agreement: two tenders and a 0.6% share
– Supply & Erection: one tender and a 0.3% share
Asia-Pacific leads power plant activity in Q2 2019
Comparing tender’s activity in power plant segment in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 241 tenders and a share of 66.4% during Q2 2019, followed by North America with 47 tenders and a 12.9% share and Middle East and Africa with 42 tenders and an 11.6% share.
Solar is leading technology for power plant tenders in Q2 2019
Among the technologies, solar accounted for 284 tenders with a 73.8% share, followed by hydro with 41 tenders and a 10.6% share and thermal with 28 tenders and a 7.3% share.
Power plant tenders in Q2 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of power plant tenders for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
– Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 10,806MW from eight tenders
– Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects (Kuwait): 2,000MW from one tender
– Department of Electricity Development (Nepal): 1,663.1MW capacity from seven tenders.