London — Total power industry M&A deals in Q4 2019 worth $2.75bn were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 175.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 136.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.16bn.
The UK held a 7.8% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $35.09bn in Q4 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 35 deals during Q4 2019, marking a rise of 59.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 40% over the last four-quarter average.
The UK power industry M&A deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
– The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 81.6% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
– The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $2.24bn, against the overall value of $2.75bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
– Culligan International’s $1.1bn acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings
– The $577.21m asset transaction with Race Bank Wind Farm by Diamond Transmission Partners BBE
– Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy’s $223.28m asset transaction with Senvion
– The $206.05m asset transaction with Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners KS by Greencoat Capital
– RWE Generation UK Holdings’ asset transaction with Centrica for $136.43m.