Lagos — Asia-Pacific solar technology tenders in September 2019 saw 51 tenders announced, marking a drop of 46% over the last 12-month average of 94, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
The proportion of solar technology tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
– Project Implementation with 47 tenders and a 92.2% share
– Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: two tenders and a 3.9% share
– Supply & Erection: one tender and a 2% share
– Power Purchase Agreement: one tender and a 2% share.
India tops Asia-Pacific solar power tenders activity
India was the top country in the Asia-Pacific region for solar technology tenders recorded in September 2019 with 34 tenders and a 66.7% share, followed by Australia with four tenders and a 7.8% share and the Philippines with four tenders and a 7.8% share.
Asia-Pacific solar technology tenders in September 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders for the month in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
– NHPC (India): 2,000MW from one tender
– Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (India): 500MW from one tender
– Rajasthan Renewable Energy (India): 163.5MW capacity from two tenders.